2005-06-01

Steve Jackson Games

Whoa, Steve Jackson Games is still around! I used to play a bunch of SJ Games when I was a kid, like Ogre and Car Wars. I had GURPS but no one I knew played it. Designing vehicles in Car Wars was fun, which was probably one of the reasons I ended up being an optimization biatch in hard disk drives: I would try to produce the most kick-ass car given the design constraints and fixed funds. Learning the rules in a game was my kick as a kid. Should've gotten into science/engineering earlier. All this sounds weird, but that's my life.

Apparently there's an SJG online sales shop called Warehouse 23. Looks interesting.

Steve Jackson sounds like a character: An otaku if there ever was one, but I can appreciate that! Ahh, echoes of my otaku past takes me back to the idle days of my childhood.... Well, it was kinda a waste, but it made me me, so I can't second-guess myself too much.

No comments: