2005-06-25

Rogue Amoeba's Airfoil

Apparently there's a piece of software called Airfoil that allows any software running on Mac OS X to stream audio to the AirPort Express. This is probably just an adapted version of Jon Johansen's JustePort. On the other hand, he's pulled JustePort off his site, and it only worked with Apple Lossless anyway. Fortunately I already saved the source code, but it's written in that bastardized Java called C#. Ugh.

Here's an interesting Apple wireless fan blog, AirPort Blog.

This guy Tatsuhiko Miyagawa (who apparently works for Six Apart) has a blog entry mentioning the RAOP protocol used by the AirPort Express. Apparently Apple Lossless is the only format the APX likes. And it looks like I need to start hacking Perl on OS X.

The implementation of the AirPort Express player is located here on SourceForge.

My AirPort Express doesn't want to play nice with my iodata WAP in WDS/WPA mode. I suppose it's not that big of a deal, since the only benefits would be the use of the Ethernet port and the ability to adjust the signal strength (also maybe the ability to playback tunes from the other segment of my network). Well, for now I suppose this will have to do.

No comments: