2005-06-01

Random News, 2005.06.01

Is Rodi BitTorrent’s Replacement? - Sounds cool. "Bouncing" is one way to deal with being analyzed. I have an idea on how to prevent the problem LaryTet mentions in the article, but I'll save that for my own P2P soft—whenever it is I manage to get around to writing one.
Would you have allowed Bill Gates to be born? - Sure. He's done more good than bad. This is the concern with eugenics, judging people on factors unrelated to their contributions to society. The debates on eugenics are going to get more intense as the capabilities for genetic discrimination increase. Me? Well, I'd rather know if a girl I was going to marry would impart propensity for a genetic disease to my children, even baldness for that matter, but is that capability a good thing? Maybe we aren't supposed to know.
The Midas Formula - Was Star Wars really that good? I liked the first movie (Episode 4) ok, but the rest weren't so great. Of course Han Solo is the coolest character in the films!
Linux Powers Airborne Bots - This is way cool. Now I want one of those Bladerunner model helicopters. I always thought "co-axial counter-rotating blades" was a cool phrase. Inter-disciplinary research is what makes science and engineering interesting.

No comments: