2018-01-20

OC at Last

Well, the problem was trying to use the onboard video.  Once I shut off the IGA and disabled multiple adapters, gpu-manager quit overwriting my xorg.conf and I was able to follow the rest of the usual steps to overclock the GPUs.  I started off with +100 MHz graphics clock and +500 MHz memory clock, and once I got the EVGA 1060 SC up to +1000 MHz memory, claymore started throwing errors.  Anything over +500 didn't seem to help the hashrate, although I needed to kick the power target on the #3 card up to 80W.  With 100/500 across the board, I'm getting about 21 MH/s rather than 19.5 MH/s, a total of 84 MH/s, up from 79 MH/s.  Not quite a 10% kicker, but it's welcome.

I was reading how ethminer has better optimization for Cuda, so I'm going to have to check out ethminer vs. claymore once I get it compiled.  WhatToMine says I should be getting 90 MH/s for four 1060s.  At least the system power consumption's lower than the 360W they quote; 345W for the whole box.

No comments: