2017-12-13

HomeGenie

I'm running HomeGenie, an Italian home automation system, to control my Z-Wave devices.  Well, it's very configurable, but not the easiest to actually configure as a result.

Last weekend I wanted to update to the latest version, but the automatic update was broken, so I manually pulled down the package and installed it.  That killed my setup so I had to regenerate it.  It turned out I had backed up my old setup, which I didn't find until after I'd re-created my setup and backed it up again (of course).  The new version included some additional demo code, which took me a while to figure out how to disable.  There are a few things still running that I don't want to be.

I also had to figure out how to turn on power logging.  What I need to know now is how to export logged data!

One page I found talks about how to set up a program to send a photo from a webcam when a sensor is triggered.  It came up when I was searching for an example of using a motion sensor to turn on a light, which is what I have in mind for the utility room.  Still looking....

No comments: