2012-03-22

RDIAS

For some reason, I got the urge to read about registered drop-in auto sears (RDIASes).  I'd love to own a machinegun (although in my crummy state I can only own C&R MGs) and a RDIAS seems like a good option.  Being drop-in, it can be moved to another lower receiver, as being the registered part, it's not limited to one lower.  Plus, an RDIAS works with .22LR conversions, so one could burn through 1k rounds for less than $50.

Well, Google turned up a few interesting hits:
  • Quarterbore's DIAS page, with great pictures (the toolbox case for AR-15s is cool too!)
  • A discussion of RDIAS vs. RLL vs. RR on Arfcom
  • An Ohio gunsmith who works on NFA weapons and can fix damaged RRs
Ah, I wish I were rich and lived in a state that didn't suck from the perspective of gun laws.  Maybe it's time to move, or buy some land in a neighboring state....

No comments: