2010-12-16

Cooper CS4 Touring Tires

Well, the car needed new tires.  I'd let the rears get down to 1/32 tread, and with the weather the way it is, there's no avoiding getting new ones.  The dealer recommended Cooper CS4 tires.  I was skeptical because they're not what I would've considered a major brand.  Plus, they were asking an arm and a leg.  So I did a little reading, both on consumerreports.org and other review sites, and found out that the tires are actually made in the U.S.  Furthermore, the online prices for the tire discount stores for comparable products were actually more than what the dealer was asking: Tires Plus wanted over 6 benjamins for Bridgestone Turanzas, and those aren't as highly rated in CR as the CS4s.  Given that, I went with the CS4s.  Unfortunately that means I won't be getting myself a Christmas present this year...damn, I was hoping to get a Garand or an AK-47.

We'll see how they perform in this wonderful weather.  I'm gonna have to break out the snowblower (doesn't that sound like a term for a cokehead?) when I get home to clear out the driveway before I can pull into the garage!

No comments: