2010-10-25

Shove It

Apparently a Rhode Island Democratic candidate who failed to receive Obama's endorsement has said that Obama can "shove it".  Nice.

My comment:
Mr. Jones: Since WSJ was acquired, I've noticed that a number of more liberal viewpoints have been added. I don't particularly favor this change, but that's the way it goes. And I can't help wishing that WSJ would ditch their pervasive hoplophobic biases.

The comment under discussion was crass and definitely is a case of sour grapes. Funny? Yes. Newsworthy? Marginal.
 Is this the fable behind the expression "sour grapes"?  That's good to know....
Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked, ‘Oh, you aren’t even ripe yet! I don’t need any sour grapes.’

No comments: