2009-12-10

Snowblowers

After the blizzard, I decided that I need a snowblower. (Apparently the semantic distinction between "snow blower" and "snow thrower" is that the former is a 2-stage (with an auger and an impeller) and the latter is a 1-stage. So says Wikipedia. But I prefer a single word rather than a phrase.)

I'm only interested in the 2-stage variety given the insanity that is Minnesota winter. Fishing around on Amazon, I found a Murray 24" 205cc 4-cycle with electric start. Apparently Murray doesn't have product pages on their website.

Chad has an Ariens, although he didn't say which model. (A version with a Tecumseh engine, without headlights, he said, but most of them seem to have Briggs & Stratton engines.)

Honda has a medium-duty 2-stage, the HS520AS, but I question the 12" vertical clearance of the housing.

$800 ain't nothing to sneeze at, so I'm going to be looking at as many different models as I can.

No comments: