2005-10-14

Lazy Stockpicking

It's interesting to see how other people's stock portfolios perform. Check out this article called Lazy Beats the Street on Motley Fool.

The article links to this older piece on Warren Buffet's thinking on investments. 20 stock picks, eh? I've already used up 10 or so. The problem is, only a few of them have been LTBH for me, like INTC and RGR. Getting the good stocks at good prices is a tough one. On the other hand, playing risks probably has me breaking even right now, largely because my errors made in learning wiped out my profits, c.f. shorting GOOG in the low $200s (it went up) and a currently sagging gamble on GTE.

Other interesting articles on the 'Fool:
Will Caribou's Shari'ah Affect Shares? - I didn't realize Caribou's primary investor was Islamic. It'd be a good idea to pay attention to who's holding the majority of the share pie.
A Super Sonic Stock - Sonic might be a good stock to study, as well as BW3's.
The Beef's at McDonald's - I figured "Supersize Me" would depress their stock price. Maybe I should get a piece.
McDonald's Burrito IPO - Hadn't even realized that Mickey D's had bought Chipotle. Maybe the IPO would be worth watching.

No comments: