2014-06-22

GBookPro

So I don't forget, my model of MacBook Pro is the mid-2009 version.  Sure doesn't seem like I bought it five years ago.  The most amusing thing is that 20 years ago, that would've brought a sea change in computing hardware.  Now things have slowed down somewhat.

Apple's support site has a page describing how to swap out memory, which appears to cover the HDD as well.

Perhaps it's blasphemy, but I'm finally thinking about replacing the HDD with an SSD.  Even worse, I'm thinking of a Samsung, the 840 EVO, because it's got the best-in-class performance.  It ought to be a huge step up from the Fujitsu 160GB HDD currently in there.

The other update would be to expand the memory from 2GB to 4GB.  The system supports 8GB, but I'm not sure it's worth maxing out the memory in a dual-core 2.26 GHz system with a 13" display....

No comments: