2013-12-18

Lanterns

I've been ogling the oil lanterns in Garrett Wade for prep purposes.  However, GW seems to charge a large markup, at least on certain items.  So I looked to see if I could find a better deal.  Apparently the GW lanterns are made by Feuerhand, which I found on the W.T. Kirkman site.  They actually aren't much cheaper (the same in quantities of 3 or more), but Kirkman offers replacement parts also.  Lehman's also sells the Feuerhand lanterns for the same price as Kirkman.

Kirkman sells Dietz lanterns, which are made in China.  The price difference against the German lanterns is noticeable.  In any case, the #2000 model has a grill attachment that can be used to boil water.  That looks like a useful feature.

As a result of looking for other sources for the Dietz #2000, I found Survival Resources, which has a lot of cool gear.

No comments: