2013-09-19

AR-15 SBR

So I'm jonesing to have an SBR.  Not like I can really afford to do it, but I want to.  In the worst way.

I was thinking it might be easier to buy a registered receiver.  However, apparently that's not the way it works: even though the receiver is the registered part, there are certain requirements on ATF Form 1 or 4.  There's a thread on Arfcom on this subject, with a link to the ATF FAQ on SBRs.

Well, and then there's the issue of whether or not I'd need law enforcement approval if I were registering under my LLC.  The Interwebz say no, but the Form 1 instructions doesn't specifically say this.

I also found Tactical Innovation's AR-15 lower receivers, the T15BDX.  I think I'd have to pick up one of those if I ever decide to pull the trigger on an SBR.  Nice looking hardware.

No comments: