2012-05-23

Adding Towing Capability to a RAV4

I'd like to add towing capability to my RAV4, but before I go ping the Toyota dealer, who seems to be way expensive on things like 30k service, I did a little searching.  One guy posted an installation guide on the OEM hitch itself.  However, the factory towing package also has an upgraded radiator, alternator, fan coupling, and wiring harness; one forum post indicated that the first three could be had for $160.  Installation of course would be another matter....  RAV4World, which had a link to the installation guide above, also has a thread on the OEM hitch.

I suppose I should confirm whether my "trucklet" (apparently that's the in-term for SUV...) has the mount points on the frame; I doubt anything extra would be added, though, in these days of cost-cutting.

No comments: