2008-04-12

Olmsted County Property Information

After some googling, I found the Olmsted County property record information that I was looking for. The Olmsted County site isn't easy to navigate, so it takes a bit of digging. The property information site and the plat maps are the most interesting.

I found the assessed value of a couple places the wife and I were looking at, which was quite instructive. One place was asking $20k over the assessed value, so it's somewhat out of the picture. From the property info, there's a link to Microsoft Virtual Earth, which gives a sweet bird's eye view of the prospective houses. Pretty cool!

From someone's address you can find the full name of who lives there, approximately how much their place is worth, and how much they pay in property tax. I started to feel a bit like a stalker checking all this stuff out.

No comments: