2006-01-20

Animate! Ohio State

Just so I don't forget the new URL.... http://www.animateosu.org/ is it, after the old server, soyokaze.biosci.ohio-state.edu, was retired from service.

It's amazing how much the old OSU anime club folks were involved in propagating interest in anime over the past 10-15 years. Too bad I wasn't more involved with the non-mundane stuff. I think I maybe timed an episode of something once, copied a few tapes, and hung thousands of flyers. I suppose fandom is not an industry of glory.

But that was many moons ago. Now I don't have time to watch video of any kind anymore, and even if I had the time, I'd spend it doing something else. Like going into business.

Oh yeah, the infamous fansubbing organization, Lost in Translation (whose punned moniker predates the movie of the same name, is also located on the new A!OS server and is apparently back in action. Their version of subs for Mononoke Hime is actually better than the one on the official DVD!

No comments: